Junior Counselor Program – A Volunteer Opportunity for Children’s House Alumni
The Junior Counselor program offers experience with job responsibility, time management, interpersonal communication and working with others. It provides an introduction to the work environment in a safe and supportive setting and serves as an important volunteer experience to list on your college applications.
Here is how it works:
- Submit a Junior Counselor application to The Children’s House.
- Interview with TCH administrative team for available positions.
- If selected, review the summer volunteer schedule options and determine placement (age group), job responsibilities and schedule.
- Receive training at The Children’s House prior to the start of camp.
- Work under the direction and supervision of The Children’s House summer staff including Steve Maas, Melissa Cole, Jodie Tasch, Marie Voss and Colleen Christensen.
Volunteer Junior Counselor schedules are part time and flexible. Once selected, you have priority status during selection for future summers. If interested, submit the application by May 30th. We look forward to hearing from you.
Junior Counselor Application